This Webinar will be live on the 20th June 2023 at 4.30 – 5.30pm UK time
Who is this course for:
This course is designed for Parents, Learners, Learning Support Professionals, SENCOs, SLT, Pastoral & Safeguarding Leads, and anyone with an interest in creating neuro-inclusive schools with belonging, compassion and love at their heart.
What prior knowledge is required?
Prior knowledge of executive functions and their associated skills will be expected.
We recommend completing our Introduction to Executive Function Skills short course (40 minutes) before joining this course.
What will I learn?
This course is designed to look at why belonging is so fundamental, and to introduce the work of our Belonging Project action research:
- Why belonging is fundamental to human development – what’s the evidence.
- The causes of executive function differences – it’s no one’s fault.
- How society’s unconscious bias and judgement of executive function skills challenges make us all (and some more than others) feel shame for something beyond our control.
- Why schools are fundamental in working to redress society’s bias.
- How community leads (learner, parent, staff) can conduct action research on belonging, that can help create truly inclusive school environments.
- Details of support and funding available to participate in the Belonging Project pilot.