Masterclass – Self-Advocacy: How to communicate about your challenges and build trust.
When we struggle with our executive function challenges it can be difficult for people to trust us and for us to trust ourselves. We need to work hard to communicate what is going on for us to others so that they don’t jump to their own conclusions, that we are: lazy, uninterested, rude etc. Self-advocacy is the ability to understand and effectively communicate our needs to other people, and it’s all about educating the people around you.
After the Masterclass with Dr Soracha Cashman, Cognitive Neuropsychologist and executive function coach you will know:
- Why people can find it difficult to trust people with executive function challenges.
- Why we often find it so difficult to trust ourselves.
- How to better understand and build trust – the 4 dimensions of Trust.
- The importance of Metacognition – our own critical awareness of how we think, learn and interact
- Looking at the 3 key self-advocacy skills – self-knowledge, needs awareness, and identifying how to get what you need
- How to communicate with others about your challenges in a way that helps them to be empathetic and supportive
- How helping your partner/family to develop the skill of empathy can help you maximise your EF potential.
- Emotional first aid and how to soothe your brain when you are dysregulated.
Ready to get started?
Click “Add To Basket” below to start registration process.