EF Strategies for SENCOs webinar
10th March 2023, 10-11am GMT
Executive function skills are needed to perform well at school. From regulating emotions so that we are ready to learn, through to organising belongings and planning and prioritising work, it is often hard to know where executive function skills stop and the learning starts. As learning support professionals we are often tasked with helping students develop these skills. Join Victoria Bagnall – Co-founder of Connections in Mind – in this CPD accredited webinar where she will be joined by two experienced SENCOs as they share strategies that have worked for them with their students.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for Learning Support Professionals, SENCOs, Tutors and any professional educator or learning facilitator working alongside learners with additional needs.
What prior knowledge is required?
Prior knowledge of executive functions and their associated skills will be expected.
We recommend completing our Introduction to Executive Function Skills short course (40 minutes) before joining this course.
What will I learn?
This course is designed to be very practical in nature and we expect participants to leave with:
- Knowledge of how executive function skills challenges can impact learning
- Knowledge of how these challenges might present themselves in a learning support environment
- A three-step approach to co-designing bespoke strategies for each learner
- The importance of a bottom up approach (including the LSA/TA and the learner)
- Practical strategies to build stronger executive function skills in learning support sessions
All attendees will receive a CPD accredited certificate of attendance.
Where to next?
Ready to get started?
Click “Add To Basket” below to start registration process.