Executive Function Skills Support Professional Training
Connections in Mind is committed to improving access to executive function support for children and young people from all backgrounds. One way we do this is by providing world-class executive function skills support professional training and accreditation.
Our online training course will consist of engaging discussions, group activities, role-plays and opportunities to ask questions from our experienced training facilitators. We will cover neuroscience & neuroplasticity, EFs & behaviour, key concepts underpinning EF support, key professional skills, the Connections in Mind Connect, Collaborate, Support model of support and session design.
Each week you will be provided with self-study videos and exercises to complete before the next session via CiM Learning.
Who is EFSSP Training for?
Our training is aimed at professionals already working with children, young people, or adults. It is perfect for teachers, teaching assistants, learning support professionals SENCo’s, educators, and tutors. Bespoke training can also be arranged within your school, charity or organisation.
Terms & Conditions of Connections in Mind Training
Please click HERE to view our Ts & Cs.
Our Training dates
Spring Programme 2024
- 16 Jan – Welcome & Tech Check (30 mins)
- 23 Jan – Session 1: Executive Functions, Neuroplasticity & Behaviour Change
- 30 Jan – Session 2: Connect Phase – EF profiling, EF literacy, empathy and compassion
- 6 Feb – Session 3: Collaboration Phase – Working with learners to develop specific strategies which work for them
- 27 Feb – Session 4: Support Phase – How to scaffold habit development for EF skills mastery.
- 5 Mar – Session 5: Wider Community – How to communicate with parents, teachers and SLT to get buy-in for a whole school approach